FOUR MAIN BODY (BIOCHEMICAL) TYPES
I will refer to the four body types by numbers. It is not that one is more important than another. I have worked with body typing for over 30 years and I find it is best to begin with the category in which I saw the greatest number of body types where I lived. This is not Texas where I currently live, otherwise the types and the numbers would be different.
Questionnaire: If six or more of the 12 characteristics listed apply to you, then that is your category or ruling body type. Your food choices may not be the best for your health and may be the source of many of your health problems. However, you continue to crave them, but you do not break them down properly. In conventional medical practice, the body types are referred to by the name of the gland that rules each one.
BODY (BIOCHEMICAL) TYPE ONE is known as Para for the parathyroid or thyroid gland.
This type is defined by the following traits:
- Your waist may have a bit of a midriff bulge because of the tipping of your hipbones.
- You have high perky buttocks.
- You gain weight evenly, from the top of your head to your toes.
- If overweight, your excess fat is in the stomach and waist Men have “spare tire,” women hold fat in their buttocks.
- You crave sugar in the form of desserts, breads, pastas, fruits, and vegetables.
- You are drawn to chocolate for fat and sugar mix.
- You get fatigued by midday and sometimes get up tired.
- You suffer depression or mood swings.
- You often have cold hands or feet.
- If you are female, you suffer PMS.
- Your blood pressure is on the low side.
- You have experienced hypoglycemia.
- Allergies are common for you.
- You are prone to eczema or skin rash.
BODY (BIOCHEMICAL) TYPE TWO is known as the Estro or Testro biochemical body type. The controlling glands for type twos are the gonadal system. The following list of traits defines this body type. Again, if six or more of these apply to you, this is your body type category:
- The width of your clavicle is shorter than the width of your hipbones and your buttocks are low slung.
- In women, the greater part of the weight is in the buttocks and upper thighs. You wear a small top to a larger bottom in clothes.
- In men, your excess weight is in the abdominal region and lower body.
- Male or female your legs are generally strong in comparison to the upper part of your body.
- Your favorite foods are tasty, or strong-flavored such as spiced, creamed, salty, peppered, or smoked foods.
- You prefer to drink wine or a beverage other than water with your meals.
- Your favorite desserts are rich, like ice cream or chocolate.
- You enjoy fried fish, chicken, onion rings, and French fries.
- You like Italian, Oriental, and Mexican cuisines.
- You suffer from indigestion (bloating or gas) where your ribs come together.
- Gallbladder problems are common.
- You are bothered by kidney and bladder infections.
- You have a tendency toward cysts, dermatitis, or skin disorders.
BODY (BIOCHEMICAL) TYPE THREE is known as Supra, for the suprarenal or adrenal glands.
This type is defined by the following traits:
- Your clavicles are much wider than the width of your hipbones.
- You are able to build muscle quite easily.
- You carry your weight in your tummy and upper torso including your back.
- Your buttocks are fairly flat and do not have shape unless you are working out.
- Your legs are strong and firm at any age.
- A meal is not complete for you without meat or some kind of protein.
- You salt or season your food without tasting it first.
- You gravitate to all proteins: lunch meats, sausage, fish, poultry, nuts, cheese, and eggs.
- You suffer from stiff joints or pain in your left shoulder.
- You have hypertension or high blood pressure.
- You feel stressed rather than fatigued.
- Constipation is a big problem for you.
- Gas, flatulence, or bloating is a way of life.
- You prefer stimulation from what you eat, drink, or think.
BODY (BIOCHEMICAL) TYPE FOUR is known as Neuro. It gets its name from the neurological and endocrine systems. These glands control the hormone production of other glands and indirectly affect the neurological (nervous system).
The width of your clavicle is the same as your hip bones, but your waist is also even in width.
If you can answer yes to four or more of these questions then this is your body type:
- You do not feel that a meal is complete without dairy products.
- You enjoy cereal and milk if you cannot think of what else to eat.
- You suffer from ongoing fatigue.
- You enjoy dairy products but recognize milk intolerance or have been told you are lactose intolerant.
- You have the same body size as when you were a teen.
- Your shape may be described as boyish, wiry, or having baby fat, but it has remained the same into maturity.
- You matured later in life and are the youngest looking member in your family.
- You may have an on-going bowel problem (constipation to diarrhea) including spastic colon.
- You have soft fat all over the body, not just held in one area.
- You do not make your mind up quickly and need to have all the information possible to make a decision.
- You are considered to be smart or a nerd in school.
- Your body shape tends to be straight up and down. If a woman you have to use a belt to recognize a waist.
- Your head may be large to your body.
- You consider yourself sensitive to foods or pills.
People may see themselves in more than one category. However, all of us are more suited to one category than others. This category is known as our primary or driving biochemical type. If you feel you are several types, you may find you are out of balance. The more out of balance we are, the more we think we are several types. When in balance, you will be the stronger of your primary type.
Tomorrow: What Your Biochemical Type Tells You About Your Health and Diet